Since the Mayans were wrong and the world did not come to an end on December 21 the likelihood of at least one of my predictions coming true has increased significantly.
Here we go…
1) At least part of the ACA or “Obamacare” is repealed in 2013.
2) The State of Missouri chooses to participate in the Medicaid expansion.
3) The Dow hits 14,000.
4) GVMH delivers a record number of babies (full disclosure: I made this same prediction last year and I’ve determined that I was a year too early).
5) Planning and infrastructure for high-speed rail system spanning the United States gets underway.
6) GVMH will be a health care recipient of The Missouri Quality Award.
7) New processes in the ED cause significant improvement in patient satisfaction scores ranking the ED in the top 25% nationwide.
8) GVMH receives one national honor.
9) The Kansas City Chiefs will end the season at 8 and 8 or better.
10) The Royals will make the playoffs.
11) The GVMH Foundation will launch a capital campaign.
12) Kyle Adkins will shave his goatee (OK, this is a stretch but I really wanted to get to 13 predictions because these are predictions for 2013).
13) 2013 will present with triumphs and sorrows. There will be good days and bad. There will be moments of hopelessness and reminders of hope. The one certainty, and one guaranteed prediction is that 2013 will be unlike any other year and 2014 will happen.