Please see posts 1 and 2 below. I’m making a point to share information from the Missouri Hospital Association as it is released and here is the latest email:
To Chief Executive Officers and Public Relations Executives:
Following is the current status of the situation in Joplin.
- MHA has activated the mutual aid agreement process to send medical personnel to Joplin. They are in need of physicians and critical care nurses. If you have clinicians that would like to volunteer, contact Leslie Porth, Jackie Gatz or Lois Kollmeyer by calling 573/893-3700.
- Approximately 120 patients have been sent to Springfield and they are nearing capacity on medical surge. We are evaluating other locations for patients beyond Springfield.
- Supply trailers and backup communication trailers are en route to Joplin and are on standby.
- MHA is working to establish a fund that would provide donations to hospital employees affected by the disaster. We will notify you of opportunities to donate as soon as we have it established.
- Missourians wishing to make donations to help with the relief effort can go to http://www.sema.dps.mo.gov/recover/donations.asp or call (800) 427-4626 or 2-1-1.
- Residents affected by the tornado who wish to notify their friends and family that they are safe should go to: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php. Friends and family who would like to check on their loved ones in the affected area can use the same site.
We have had a great outpouring of support from many of you as well as the American Hospital Association and the state hospital associations that border Missouri. The Joplin hospitals and MHA are grateful for your offers of assistance. We will continue to provide updates on the situation and let you know how you can help.
Herb B. Kuhn
President and CEO
Missouri Hospital Association
PO Box 60
Jefferson City, MO 65102
573/893-3700, ext. 1332